Video Editing in Linux What is Your Experience?

I have been running Kdenlive 19.12 on openSUSE Tumbleweed. I have used been using all the releases since 18.12 and it has always been a great experience. It’s easy to use and incredibly stable. I don’t do anything terribly complicated, mostly fades and dissolves. If you have complaints about Kdenlive, use openSUSE. It is run through some pretty thorough QA which makes for a consistently reliable experience. Not that I have produced many videos but I have spent enough time in it to know that I can count on it.

3 Likes

@CubicleNate You’ve been adding a lot to our community here lately and it’s really nice. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

I have been doing a kind of “sprint” as a personal challenge. I have done a lot in the last year plus but have all this half completed bits sitting in a draft stage. I want to see how many of these I can kick out before I begin some new things I have planned. So… Expect some more! I’m really not trying to spam the joint!

2 Likes

I had used Kdenlive since early on in the channel and my experience was that it was the best tool for the job. It did crash for me quite often but I learned to save often :slight_smile:

On a whole, Kdenlive is perfect for people looking at an open source programs. I have also tried all of the other open source video editors out there but after being introduced to Davinci Resolve 16 Studio, I immediately bought it and have switched over to it. I realize not everybody on Linux can run DR16 because of…well AMD but if you are able to run it, it is the most powerful, full featured Video editor that runs on Linux hands down.

IMHO

2 Likes

Would you mind sharing specific uses of Davinci Resolve? I really want to highlight the positives of each of these editors and share how great Video Editing is on Linux.

1 Like

I’m sorry Nate, I did mean to respond to this but like an old person I forgot about it. I will try to this weekend

1 Like