Totally Not Linux - none tech making

I’ve been making Jam today - not Raspberry but wild Bramble and Damson Yummmm.

4 Likes

Raspberry is good, bramble is best, not tried it with damson, or is it not a mix but 2 separate jams?

2 Likes

No it’s a mix, the Damson helps with the pectin and as they are also wild they are quite tart, so the final jam doesn’t taste to sweet I used a Kg Damsons to 3Kg of wild berries. I do make a Damson only Jam but this was the first of the wild Brambles of the season, and I had a few Damsons from last year in the freezer.

1 Like

am so jealous, enjoy - home made crusty bread? scones?

Keep someof the brambles for apple and bramble crumble with a good custard… heaven

Raspberries I like in a home made raspberry ripple ice cream… I’m a sucker for proper ice cream

2 Likes

The apple and bramble crumble was the first thing on the menu as I would get a hard time from my better half if I didn’t make her one at the start of the Bramble season, have to keep marital relations sweet, and yes a good custard is a must. :joy:

For those fans of the Marmite Episode here was part of today’s Lunch :rofl:

1 Like

I am a fan of Marmite and so is my daughter. I use it more like dip though, usually with pretzels. My 7 year old loves it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have thought of using as a dip, do you mix it with mayo or just use as it is?

Straight from the jar! Although now that you mention it I may try mixing it with something to see.

1 Like