Spring Cleaning - Let's see that desktop!

1 Like

Ubuntu 20.04 “Deep Purple”

1 Like

Ubuntu “I’m Dreaming of a Blue” Mate

1 Like

Blue MATE might be a little sacrilegious but I like it!

1 Like

I installed Ubuntu 20.04 with ZFS on release day, but I had the itch to go back to Plasma, so I installed kubuntu-desktop.

Latte dock, inactive blur desktop and my unconventional 3 monitor setup without a VESA mount. Oh, last but certainly not least… single click :slight_smile: :

2 Likes

Here’s my desktop. It’s Artix with i3-gapps and py3status for the bar. I used wpgtk to set my GTK theme and qt themes to the color palette of my wallpaper.

I typically use smaller gaps when I work though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s my favorite powerline theme I’ve seen thus far.

1 Like

Before I leave Ubuntu 20.04 for Kubuntu 20.04 I thought I would put my Ubuntu 20.04 workplace.

A denim wallpaper with a fresh Ubuntu logo.

2 Likes

Fedora/Sway.

2 Likes

Looks great! How are you liking Sway? I’ve tried it in a VM but it won’t work on my hardware. Does it differ in any substantial way from i3?

Operationally it feels the same, but the configurations are different. I wasn’t a big i3 user before i tried sway. Prior to switching to Fedora Workstation, I’d setup xfce keyboard shortcuts for tiling and be done with it. At some point I wanted to try tiling and since I was having a good experience on Gnome Wayland so I went for sway.

I haven’t had a lot of issues with applications (mumble push to talk comes to mind) but I don’t do anything with OBS and my gaming is limited to dying a lot to my kids in TF2 or Left for Dead 2.

More detailed comparisons here:
sway differences
and
i3 Migration Guide

1 Like

Kubuntu 20.04
Not attached to workflows. Just like to see things at specific spots.

1 Like

With the Bing Picture of the day, I like the set up.

Yeah. I love it and a plus point for me to chose KDE plasma.