Pandoc and Markdown for the Win

Wow, it has been too long! Just posted another article. This one kind of explains what I have been busy doing instead of posting to my blog, and how FOSS gave me a solution which benefited me IRL (in real life).

https://discoverfoss.com/posts/pandoc-markdown-win/

2 Likes

Speaking of Markdown. If you like to expand readers range LBRY and Odysee supports blog posting as well as video.
.md file can be uploaded (and LBRY will convert it to post and open editor) or copy/pasted to editor directly :slight_smile:

Thanks @mr_glitch, I just browsed LBRY and Odysee, but no blog articles popped up only videos on the main pages and in the search results. Admittedly, I’m not very familiar with these platforms, so perhaps I just don’t know where to look. Thanks for the suggestion, I will perhaps revisit and explore these platforms a little more deeply after I meet some of my other goals with the blog. Thanks for taking a look at my blog and giving me feedback.

Long story short, LBRY and Odysee are working on the same algorithm. Odysee have different UI but in major is the same stuff as LBRY.

Most of the content is in video format, but this doesn’t matter much because if something is in other format like audio, pdf etc it will be displayed on main page anyway if it’s popular (not sure about Odysee because it’s set to work similar to YT). What is cool about LBRY is they don’t use any algorithm for showing content, what counts are views, tips and support. So users “voting” what is worth for watching. And if something is new or have the same tags it will be shown in “New” tab, “Related” or “Your Tags”.

On LBRY you can specify what you want to search in Filter, it will be shown after you hit enter :slight_smile:

I’ve mentioned Odysee before because it doesn’t matter which one you’ll use to upload content :slight_smile: