Merry Christmas and Thank you for 2019

2019 is going to be a year to remember for us, the EndeavourOS team.

The start of EndeavourOS was an impromptu idea and we formed and developed the distro along the way. The road is still rocky and we still are figuring out a lot of things but there’s one thing that stands out, our dream start.

We can’t express our gratitude in words, simply because every word lacks the power to describe our feelings. But here goes:

You gave us a platform when we first came to the scene and we certainly did something with your loving and wonderful feedback. By choosing us as a distro challenge this summer was one of the important factors that resulted in our dream start.

Thank you so much for this The entire Big Daddy Linux community rocks and we will never forget that, you all have a special place in our hearts.

When I was on your show, I made a promise and due to circumstances, we couldn’t deliver that promise. Since you gave us that amazing gift of being on the show, you also deserve the scoop:

This weekend, the net-installer will be launched as a community development release.

We wish a merry Christmas and all the best for 2020, you are a wonderful community, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

7 Likes

Wonderful! Glad to hear it came together. I can’t speak for everyone but I’m very glad we got some time with you this year, both in looking at Endeavour and you personally. Merry Christmas to you as well and all the best for an amazing 2020.

2 Likes

I would like to thank you for the support you’re giving when I have another Discourse or Wordpress question.

By the way, I forgot to mention @franksmcb, Thank you for your support when I was struggling to get Mate to do what we want in the net-installer.

4 Likes

Bryan thank you for the kind words. It’s my pleasure and always feel free to reach out to me.

You and the Endeavour team have taken on a huge task and have done an incredible job. Thanks for all the work y’all have done to make this project a reality!

I’m also glad that you took the time to come on BDL and that the show had such a positive effect on the project. I know you and anyone on the team are always welcome to join in.

3 Likes

I can only echo the words of Eric and Frank and say, it was our pleasure to test Endeavour OS. I look forward to testing it again with the net-installer.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to the whole of the Endeavour Team. Take a well earned break with your families and come back refreshed for a scintillating 2020.

Zeb…

2 Likes

Form me EndeavourOS was the discovery of the year. I was amazed at how good a new Arch based distro could be on it’s initial release (I know it had previous DNA of sorts). It’s now in my top 5 distros fighting with ArcoLinux for 2nd and 3rd place, as the easiest Arch based distro to get up and running.

2 Likes

Seriously looking forward to testing out the net-installer as well. I wonder if it will replace my daily driver Arco :wink: ? It truly was an honour to have been able to hear from you, Bryan, during the stream. I can see 2020 only getting bigger and better for you and your team. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve seen your video on our first release and I can’t promise you that… :smiley: :wink:

Bryan, thank you so much for this post. I would also like thank you for taking the time to join us on both Shows! It truly cemented in my mind and in many others the love and commitment you guys have for the community! You may not have been the first developer we had on but you were the first one to be on without hesitation and without and restrictions. You listened to our feedback and answered our questions with patience even though you have probably answered those same questions a thousand times. On top of that you also joined our community in the discourse and telegram group and have made yourself available and an active member of this community which is far above my expectations. I really enjoy having you here!

I look forward to trying out the net installer and I also look forward very much to the next time we try EndeavourOS as our distro challenge and we get a chance to talk.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

4 Likes

Thank you Rocco for your kind words.

1 Like

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New year, may 2020 bring you all you need and a little of what you wish for. I’m looking forward to a full year of Distro hopping in 2020. See you on BDLL at some point.

2 Likes