For those who are unfamiliar with this issue, here’s the run down:
I have a laptop from Dell with:
- Intel Core i5 (3rd or 4th Gen. Don’t remember exactly) dual-core with Hyper-threading, 2.4 Ghz
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- 750GB 5000RPM HDD from Seagate
- 1366 x 768 Display
- DVD Drive
During our Solus 4.1 Fortitude distro challenge, I tried putting Solus on this laptop. Installation went fine. But now, this laptop will barely POST. Whenever I turn it on, it will get to the POST screen, the progress bar fills, then one of three things happens:
- The entire device freezes with the POST screen still up
- The POST screen is half-way removed from the screen and then it freezes
- The entire screen goes black and nothing happens.
I cannot boot from the HDD, a USB drive, or even get into the UEFI settings.
I have tried:
- Booting with no bootable devices attached
- Clearing CMOS
- Clearing NVRAM
- Clearing RAM
- Booting with an external monitor attached
I cannot figure out anything else to do. Everything returned the exact same results. Help please?
If we can’t get this working it’s fine. It’s just the laptop I use for testing distros. As a last resort I can use it for parts. But getting it working again is ideal.
Thanks for the help!