Kubuntu 19.10 - November 16

Continuing the temporary switch back to one week distro challenges, this week we take a look at Kubuntu 19.10.

Full Release Notes

Kubuntu 19.10 64-bit download

Alternate downloads and mirrors

Some other thoughts:

If you want the latest version of the Plasma desktop then consider enabling the backports PPA

If you don’t enjoy the default Plasma panels or want to substantially change the layout, add a dock and so on then I suggest giving Latte Dock a try. Installing the version from the repository is the easiest way. sudo apt install latte-dock. If you have an issue with opening the menu with the Superkey these instructions should help.

As always, please share your thoughts and experiences here and we’ll see you next Saturday!

1 Like

The KDE team puts out a weekly email highlighting progress they’ve made. Often it’s little things but if you use Plasma it might be interesting to you to see this. https://pointieststick.com/2019/11/09/this-week-in-kde-5-17-and-beyond/

1 Like

I feel so dirty using KDE Plasma :slight_smile:

I upgraded from 19.04 to 19.10. The upgrade was smooth, but the cool blur effect that Konsole has does not work anymore. Is the bug reporting process of Kubuntu the same as Ubuntu proper?

ubuntu-bug konsole @slacker_101

Thanks Feren! It also affects Dolphin’s blur, and the blur on plasma’s menus. I guess the best thing to do is to roll back the upgrade and hope its fixed in 20.04.

I wonder if that’s an upgrade issue or if it would happen on a clean install. I’ll have to check my install.