EndeavourOS Holiday Surprise: net-installer

Originally published at: https://bigdaddylinux.com/endeavouros-holiday-surprise-net-installer/

The EndeavourOS project has given us a holiday surprise. Their net-installer release was made available earlier today. You can read the announcement on their blog. We have been able to solve the problems the net-installer was encountering sooner than expected, so without further ado, we are proud to present you the community development release of…

4 Likes

An unexpected release, especially after the news they needed more time. Great write up btw, helpfully thorough :smiley:

EndeavourOS makes for a much quicker setup than, say Archfi, let alone Arch proper. Losing some flexibility for convenience, especially when those defaults are choices most users would make anyway, is a deal I’d take all week.

1 Like

I had just installed Arch with Archfi and yes, it’s nowhere near as user-friendly as EndeavourOS. This fills a huge gap in getting a mostly stock Arch base with the DE of your choice.

1 Like

I created a follow-up video to this post at the suggestion of @franksmcb. He’s full of good ideas!

1 Like

Great video @EricAdams.

With the net-installer from EndeavourOS and with the great work being done by the Manjaro team it is really a great time to try to take a step into the Arch world.

2 Likes

@EricAdams thanks for taking the time for this post and the video.

@fran

I think in 2019 Manjaro was the hottest distro of the year and with the net installer, EndeavourOS might be 2020’s hottest distro. (Ubuntu 20.04 will probably be #1 but for a smaller distro Endeavour looks good).

1 Like