Did Arch "stick" for anyone?

The response to Arch was definitely mixed. I’m curious to see if anyone liked it enough to stick with it? I have been using Manjaro Plasma since last week and it’s been very good on my laptop. I know that’s kind of “cheating” but it Arch enough for me. :slight_smile:

I installed it in a 15 minute space, got Budgie installed (during the pacstrap stage thanks to it being in the repo now) and customised then deleted the VM. Test done. :smile:

Hi,

I was using Salient OS before the challenge. Arch installed the Arch way. done it - see no point in doing it again where there are so many good Distro’s based on Arch.

Regards Zeb…

Be Kind Whenever Possible… It is Always Possible - Dalai Lama

Linux User #565092
P10 x64 Desktop - AMD Threadripper 2950X - 32Gb RAM - NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11Gb - 2 x 27" 4k 3840x2160 - 1 x 34" 5120x2160
P9/10 @ P9 x64 Laptop - i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz - 8Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX1050 4Gb - 15.6" HD 1920x1080

@EricAdams can you reword PZ’s profile so it doesn’t say “Linux User” and says something more appropriate like “advanced user” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m not sure what he’s done there. He must have hacked the system or something. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, still using it, I’m stoked because I finally figured out how to get Optimus and Bumblebee working with my nvidia card. Never could get it going with Manjaro. Keeping this installation going for a while…Gonna see if it really is only a matter of time before some update trashes it. But I’m using TimeShift to make the danger of that less likely.

2 Likes

great idea on backing up the system

Still using Arch on 2 systems (on hardware).

Quite like it. It’s light and quick. I also did a TimeShift backup when I first installed it. TimeShift was one of the first desktop apps I actually installed.

You mean people voluntarily move to distros other than Arch?!? Inconceivable!

BTW I run Arch…

~DWolf

Not many.

BTW I run Solus.

I tried Parabola open-rc edition, which is the FSF’s version of arch with only free software. The lack of documentation made the install difficult, but I still like it and plan to plan to stick with it.