Deep-plasma

Deep Plasma - archlinux with Live USB and Installer:

Notes for this Build:

• 1.3GB ISO
  • Live Account (try before you install)
  • Easy to use CLI Installer
  • Linux Kernel: latest
  • Uses Approx 8GB of hard drive space after install
  • Works in a virtual machine and on Hardware (hardware recommended)
  • Option to create a swapfile (recommended)
  • 450MB at first boot (approx)
  • Look & Feel: Deepin with Excalibur Menu
  • deepin terminal: ctrl+alt+t
  • quake menu: keypad 0
  • screenshot: prtScn

First Boot:

Start the installer on desktop Go through the install process in order After install, Close installer & Reboot

After Reboot:

Update your mirrorlist for your location

In a terminal do:
sudo pacman -Syy
then update with
sudo pacman -Syu

Install your software:

• Hardware Drivers, printers etc nVidia driver install
  • Browser, Steam, Screen recorder, AUR Helper, yay, pamac etc
  • Configure Excalibur Menu with your Favorite Programs (right click program, add to favorites)
  • Setup your monitor & DPI fonts, power settings etc

Use like any other arch install

Added software:

• linux-headers

• deepin-movie

• deepin-system-monitor

• gwenview

• spectacle

• gnome-disk-utility

• deepin-terminal

• ttf-hannom (Fixes Chinese and Vietnamese fonts in browser)

• gparted

• networkmanager

• base-devel

• ttf-hannom

• ttf-dejavu

• terminus-font

• sddm

• deepin-file-manager

• pulseaudio-alsa

• pavucontrol

• kinfocenter

• gedit

• xdg-user-dirs

• haveged

• ark

• discover

• custom wallpapers (by antechdesigns)

• Back-End Tweaks for speed & stability

Download antechiso

Enjoy! :wink:

A guide after installing deep-plasma (archlinux)

The very First thing I do after a clean install of archlinux is check the journalctl

journalctl:
In a terminal:
journalctl -p 0 -xb the number zero is for Emergency and needs fixing, if possible

journalctl -p 1 -xb the number one is for Alert and should be fixed, if possible

journalctl -p 2 -xb the number two is for Critical and should be fixed, if possible

journalctl -p 3 -xb the number three is for Error and should be investigated for a possible fix

There are more per this but these are the important ones.

journalctl -p 4 -xb the number four will display Warnings, normally not a problem, but looking through may yield interesting info.

An internet search should get you on your way to fixing most of the problems found in the journal

Ideally you want a clean journalctl -p 3 -xb if possible.

dmesg:
Another place to look through is dmesg some errors maybe found in here that was never shown in the above, again a quick internet search should give you more info and a possible fix.

Other useful commands:

sudo systemctl --failed what services have failed, if any

systemd-analyze blame check for causing slow boot up

systemd-analyze the time it took to boot up

After going through all the above and fixing any errors / bugs etc I then move on to installing drivers etc, checking with journalctl -p 3 -xb in between installing them. Software is my next stage and then tweaking my system for optimal performance.

Another thing to do is journalctl -p 3 -xb just before you shut down after various tasks, that should give you any software bugs, if any.

This is what I do straight after installing on any system, assuming it boots, that’s another subject for another day :wink:

More Info and tutorials can be found here: https://antechdesigns.000webhostapp.com/

1 Like

Thank you for posting this @antechdesigns. Is this something that is ready to be tested by the BDLL community?

1 Like

Your Welcome,

Sure, its the same installer as my arch-deepin that you reviewed, needs a few minor tweaks here and there but its good to go. It was something I put together after deepin was getting unusable with all the bugs, I wanted something that looked and felt like deepin, which is why there are some deepin apps, (not all of its buggy) … yet :wink:

Thank you for posting this @antechdesigns! I have bookmarked this just for the after-install suggestions and the hints for using journalctl more effectively. I will give Deepin Plasma a test run in a VM also.

1 Like

Your Welcome,

Yes, some good info there for most Linux OSes not just arch.

I see very few people doing this and its the best thing you can do post install, ever wondered why somethings not working right, after an install? Chances are you will find the culprit by doing this :wink:

Could be something as simple as installing an extra package or adding a command to grub, a quick internet search is your friend :slight_smile:

Anything you don’t understand, let me know and I will try to help.

Thanks again,
ant

@allanmills I have put it into a separate guide:

:wink:

1 Like

Just uploaded a new ISO, Updated first post: Deep-plasma